ECG / Electrocardiogram Preparation
How do I prepare for an electrocardiogram / ECG?
- Before having and ECG done, it’s important to speak to your doctor about your medications, including non-prescription medications, because they may affect the results of the test.
- Avoid the use of baby oil or lotion before the test as it may prevent the electrodes from sticking properly on your skin.
- There is no need to fast before the procedure.
- It is not recommended to smoke just before the test.
- You may be asked to remove your jewelry around your neck and/or arms for the procedure.
Please remember to bring the referral document from your physician when you come in for your appointment.